The purpose of this auto club is to establish friendship and fellowship with members of common interest in custom and classic cars. United, as one governed by club bylaws, while complying with state and federal vehicle laws.
- This club started with eleven (11) charter members that established our constitution and bylaws.
- This club will limit membership to forty (40) active members, which may be amended at any monthly business meeting by a majority vote of members in attendance.
- A membership is defined as one (1) membership per family, and a membership is allowed one vote.
Qualifications for membership:
- At least one (1) fully operational pre-1975 American-made vehicle when initially voted in.
- Read and familiarize yourselves with the bylaws of The Townsmen of Sacramento.
- Provide signed, signature page from the current club bylaws.
- Maintain adequate insurance as required by California State Law.
- Comply with and practice club and vehicle laws.
- Each prospective member shall be sponsored by at least one (1) active club member.
- Each prospective member shall attend at least three monthly club business meetings prior to a membership vote.
- The vote for prospective new members shall be done as the last agenda item of that third club business meeting. If present, prospective members will be asked to leave the meeting prior to the voting. The vote will be by secret ballot.
- New membership vote (by secret ballot) shall be a simple majority of all members in attendance for acceptance. The sponsor(s) shall notify the prospective member of the outcome of the vote, if voted in, the completed application along with signed signature page from the bylaws as well as membership dues are due at the next scheduled business meeting.
More information about membership can be obtained by email at email@example.com